Day 34: The Right Closing Words


ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DAYS IN 120 WORDS
Readings for EFL Students

THE RIGHT CLOSING WORDS
Grammar Point: Passive Voice with the Present Perfect Tense

Some 1,900 years ago, a man named John wrote a letter to a friend, Gaius. In his letter, John commends Gaius for his love for others. What were John’s closing words in the letter? He wrote: “I had many things to write you, but I do not wish to go on writing you with pen and ink. However, I am hoping to see you soon, and we will speak face-to-face.” * John’s letter to Gaius has been translated into about 2,600 languages. Those closing words have not only been read by millions but have also been quoted by some who still write letters today. I want to thank God─today─for the heartwarming closing words in a letter I got from a nice group of friends some weeks ago.

READ MORE HERE.


Comments