Day 30: Snakes and Spiders


ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DAYS IN 120 WORDS
Readings for EFL Students

SNAKES AND SPIDERS
Grammar Point: Present Perfect vs. Present Perfect Continuous

A simple conversation can change how we view things in a second. I have been living in a nice small apartment for almost four months. To get to the apartment, I have to cross a beautiful garden. Actually, I have taken a lot of pictures of the garden. One night, Yolanda─the owner of the apartment’s sister─, other friends, and I got together for dinner. At the table, someone started talking about snakes and spiders. All of a sudden, Yolanda told me, “There are a lot where you live... because of the garden.” Since that day, I have been making sure there aren’t any in my bed before going to sleep. Today, I want to thank God... not for a perfect apartment, but for the garden in front of it.

READ MORE HERE.

Comments