Day 7: My Current Job


ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DAYS IN 120 WORDS
Readings for EFL Students

MY CURRENT JOB
Grammar Point: Present Continuous for the Extended Present

These months, I’m working for a big language center in Trujillo. I’m teaching English there only on Saturdays and Sundays until I go back to Lima. This has changed my weekend routine. For example, since I live in a small town two hours away from Trujillo, I’m getting up at 5:15 a.m. on weekends and I’m taking two combis to be at work before 9:00. Also, I’m having breakfast and lunch in Trujillo on those two days. Although I’m not doing volunteer work on weekends now in the small town where I live─and I’m traveling a long distance to go to work, having this weekend job is a positive change. After a week full of activity volunteering, teaching English brings me some extra joy.

Comments