Day 13: "The Food Is on the Table"


ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DAYS IN 120 WORDS
Readings for EFL Students

“THE FOOD IS ON THE TABLE”
Grammar Point: Reported Speech

Ten days ago, a woman called me and gave me a message. She said that her son, whom I had met in my town months before, wanted to help me with accommodation in Trujillo for an important event I had to attend. Since the man couldn’t speak well because of a stroke, he asked his mother to give me the message. On my third evening with them, they were not at home. As soon as I entered their apartment after the event, I saw a piece of paper on the table. It had a message for me. They wrote that I could have coffee… that the food was on the table. It was not only about the food on the table but also their love and hospitality.

READ MORE HERE.

Comments