WRITING: My Neighborhood

LEVEL: 270 - 300



My Neighborhood



I live in a neighborhood called Barboncitos. It is in Miraflores, which is a nice district in Lima, Peru. Living here has both good and bad things.
The best thing about my neighborhood is it is very convenient. For example, there is both a supermarket and a market in the area. This is good when I run some of my errands like going grocery shopping because when groceries get too expensive in the supermarket, I can go to the market nearby and find really good prices. And if I need to go out to pay bills, mail a package, or go downtown, there is a lot of public transportation available. For instance, a block away from home, there is a bus station. If you want to go north or south in the city, you can catch a bus there every five minutes. If you are running late, you can take a taxi pretty easily. My neighborhood also has a park where my mother walks Kissy, our dog. The park is not really big, but it has a lot of trees, and free WiFi! It is a place where you can relax, especially at night, and even work online.
On the other hand, Barboncitos has a very serious problem. There is too much traffic at rush hour. This happens because there is a bridge that crosses the highway in the area. People get stuck in traffic there for a very long time, both in the morning at around 9:00 and in the evening after 6:00; and when they do, there is a lot of noise and pollution. This happens because many people in my city have really long commutes. It takes them more than an hour to go to work or study. Since Barboncitos is in the middle of the city, a lot of buses pass through my neighborhood, so it gets very busy and noisy at rush hour.
Finally, it is true that my neighborhood has things that I do not like. However, it is a good place where to live because it is very convenient.


¿Qué se puede comentar del modelo?



Tiene ejemplos de "intensifiers."


  • The best thing about my neighborhood is it is very convenient.
  • When groceries get too expensive in the supermarket, I can go to the market nearby and find really good prices.
  • If you are running late, you can take a taxi pretty easily.
  • The park is not really big, but it has a lot of trees, and free WiFi!
  • On the other hand, Barboncitos has a very serious problem.
  • There is too much traffic at rush hour.
  • People get stuck in traffic there for a very long time.
  • Many people in my city have really long commutes.
  • It gets very busy and noisy at rush hour.
  • It is a good place where to live because it is very convenient.

Algunas traducciones:

  • For instance, a block away from home, there is a bus station. / Por ejemplo, a una cuadra de mi casa, hay una estación de buses.
  • If you are running late, you can take a taxi pretty easily. / Si se te está haciendo tarde, tú puedes tomar un taxi con bastante facilidad (fácilmente).
  • People get stuck in traffic there for a very long time. / La gente se queda atorada en el tráfico allí por un largo rato.
  • This happens because many people in my city have really long commutes. / Esto pasa porque muchas personas en mi ciudad hacen viajes bien largos.
  • It takes them more than an hour to go to work or study. / Les toma más de una hora ir a trabajar o estudiar.
  • Since Barboncitos is in the middle of the city, a lot of buses pass through my neighborhood. / Debido a que Barboncitos está en la mitad de la ciudad, muchos buses cruzan mi vecindario.


Completa la siguiente tabla con información sobre tu vecindario y luego usa esa información para escribir un par de párrafos como en el modelo:







Comments