WRITING: Weekend Activities

Write a paragraph about your weekend activities. / Escribe un párrafo sobre tus actividades de fin de semana.

My Weekends

I love my weekends. On Saturdays, I start my day exercising. I get up very early and go for a bike ride for about one hour. After that, I take a shower and have breakfast with my family at home. Then, my mother and I go shopping for food at Plaza Vea. We spend there more than one hour. After shopping, we don't have time to cook, so we always go out to eat. In the afternoon, I like to be outside. I go for a walk with my girlfriend; and then we meet with some friends and go to the movies or go dancing. On Sundays, I sleep in. I get up at 11:00 and have just some fruit and yogurt for breakfast. After that, I mostly spend time with my family. We make lunch together and then have a big meal until around 5:00 p.m. In the evening, we go for a walk in the neighborhood or watch a movie at home. I think my weekends are always fun.


¿Qué se puede resaltar del párrafo modelo en cuanto a la estructura de sus oraciones?


Se usa bien el "simple present" para hablar de hábitos, de cosas que siempre haces.

  • I get up very early and go for a bike ride for about one hour. / Me levanto bien temprano y salgo a manejar biciccleta por aproximadamente una hora.
  • I take a shower and have breakfast with my family at home. / Me baño y desayuno con mi familia.
  • My mother and I go shopping for food at Plaza Vea. / Mi mamá y yo vamos a hacer las compras a Plaza Vea.
  • We spend there more than one hour. / Pasamos más de una hora allí.
  • We always go out to eat. / Siempre salimos a comer.
  • I go for a walk with my girlfriend; and then we meet with some friends and go to the movies or go dancing. / Salgo a caminar con mi enamorada; y luego nos encontramos con algunos amigos y nos vamos al cine o a bailar.
  • On Sundays, I sleep in. / Los domingos, yo duermo hasta tarde.
  • I get up at 11:00 and have just some fruit and yogurt for breakfast. / Me levanto a las 11:00 y me sirvo sólo algo de fruta y yogurt en el desayuno.
  • After that, I mostly spend time with my family. / Después, yo en general paso tiempo con mi familia.
  • We make lunch together and then have a big meal until around 5:00 p.m. / Preparamos el almuerzo juntos y luego tenemos una gran comida hasta aproximadamente las 5:00 p.m.
  • In the evening, we go for a walk in the neighborhood or watch a movie at home. / Por la tarde, salimos a caminar en el vecindario o vemos una película en casa.


Se usan bien las "prepositions of time.
  • I get up very early and go for a bike ride for about one hour. / Me levanto bien temprano y salgo a manejar bicicleta por aproximadamente una hora.
  • On Sundays, I sleep in. / Los domingos, yo duermo hasta tarde.
  • I get up at 11:00 and have just some fruit and yogurt for breakfast. / Me levanto a las 11:00 y me sirvo sólo algo de fruta y yogurt en el desayuno.
  • We make lunch together and then have a big meal until around 5:00 p.m. / Preparamos el almuerzo juntos y luego tenemos una gran comida hasta aproximadamente las 5:00 p.m.
  • In the evening, we go for a walk in the neighborhood or watch a movie at home. / Por la tarde, salimos a caminar en el vecindario o vemos una película en casa.