QUESTION FORMULATION: Personal Objects

LEVEL: 0 - 30


ESTA PÁGINA ESTÁ EN DESARROLLO. GRACIAS.


  • What’s your most important item? My most important item is my laptop.
  • Why is it important to you? It’s important to me because it’s a present from my mother. Also, it’s important to me because I use it to study, to practice English, to work, to send messages, to chat with my friends, to check my e-mail, to save information, to do my homework, to listen to music, to watch videos, and to surf the Net. A laptop is a common item. My laptop has pictures of my friends and family. These pictures are important to me. My computer has popular and unusual music from other countries, too.
  • What’s your laptop like? It’s modern, fast, lightweight, and expensive. It’s not cheap.
  • What color is your laptop? It’s black. Black is my favorite color.
  • Where’s your laptop now? It’s in my bedroom. I use it at night after school.
  • Where is your laptop from? It’s from Korea.


YES/NO-QUESTIONS: SINGULAR


  • Is your computer black? Yes, it is. It’s my favorite color. / No, it’s not. My computer is pink. It’s my favorite color.
  • Is your computer fast? Yes, it is. My computer is very fast. I like it a lot. It’s a gift from my uncle. / No, it’s not. My computer is slow and old.
  • Is your computer new? Yes, it is. It’s very new and fast. I love it. It’s a gift from my father. / No, it’s not. My computer is old and slow.
  • Is your computer important to you? Yes, it is. My computer is very important to me because it’s a present from my mother. Also, it’s important to me because I use it to study, to practice English, to work, to send messages, to chat with my friends, to check my e-mail, to save information, to do my homework, to listen to music, to watch videos, and to surf the Net.
  • Is your computer from China?  Yes, it is. My computer is from China. It’s very modern and fast. / No, it’s not. My computer is from Korea. It’s very modern and fast.
  • Is your computer a gift from an important person? Yes, it is. My computer is a birthday gift from my mother. I love it. / No, it’s not. I bought it. It’s my most important item.


YES/NO-QUESTIONS: PLURAL


  • Are your earrings important to you? Yes, they are. They’re a gift from my boyfriend. I love my earrings.
  • Are your earrings new? Yes, they are. They’re new and valuable.
  • Are your earrings from China?  Yes, they are. They’re from China and are very cool. / No, they’re not. They’re from Korea and are very cool.
  • Are your earrings a gift from an important person? Yes, they are. My earrings are a birthday gift from my mother. I love these earrings. / No, they’re not. I bought these earrings. They’re my most important items.


EJEMPLOS CON "DEMONSTRATIVES"


  • What’s this? It’s a laptop.
  • What’s that? It’s an MP3 player.
  • What are these? They’re earrings.
  • What are those? They’re keys.
  • Is this a laptop? Yes, it is. / No, it’s not.
  • Is that an MP3 player? Yes, it is. / No, it’s not.
  • Are these earrings? Yes, they are. / No, they aren’t.
  • Are those keys? Yes, they are. / No, they aren’t.

Comments