WRITING: What You Are Doing and How You Feel

LEVEL 120 - 150

Imagine you are on a trip. Email a friend telling him what you are doing and how you feel. / Imagina que estás de viaje. Escríbele un correo a un amigo contándole qué estás haciendo y cómo te sientes.

Hi, Paola.

How are you doing? I hope everything is fine at home.

Right now, I'm writing you from a hostel in a little town called Aguas Calientes. I'm relaxing in my room now. I'm looking at some photos and making plans for my visit to Machu Picchu tomorrow with my family. I'm excited about it!

Aguas Calientes is just beautiful! It's small but really interesting. There is a narrow street full of restaurants. My family is having dinner now at one of those restaurants. They're very hungry. I think they're eating alpaca. I'm hungry, too; but I'm too tired to go out, so I just want to relax in my room. Mom feels a little bit sick. Dad is worried about her, but she says it's not serious.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures that I took here in Aguas Calientes. I hope you like them.

See you soon,

Antonio



¿Qué se puede resaltar del correo modelo en cuanto a la estructura de sus oraciones?


Se usa bien el "present continuous" para hablar de actividades que se están desarrollando en el momento.
  • I'm writing you from a hostel. / Te estoy escribiendo de un hostal.
  • I'm relaxing in my room now. / Me estoy relajando en mi cuarto ahora.
  • I'm looking at some photos and making plans for my visit to Machu Picchu. / Estoy viendo algunas fotos y haciendo planes para mi visita a Machu Picchu.
  • My family is having dinner now. / Mi familia está cenando ahora.
  • They're eating alpaca. / Ellos están comiendo alpaca. 
  • I'm attaching a couple of pictures. / Estoy adjuntando un par de fotos.
Se usa bien el "simple present" para hablar de cómo te sientes.
  • I'm excited about it! / ¡Estoy emocionado por ello!
  • They're very hungry. / Ellos están con mucho hambre.
  • I'm hungry, too; but I'm too tired to go out. / Yo también estoy con hambre, pero estoy muy cansado para salir.
  • Mom feels a little bit sick. / Mi mamá se siente un poco enferma.
  • Dad is worried about her. / Mi papá está preocupado por ella.
Otras traducciones:
  • How are you doing? I hope everything is fine at home. / ¿Cómo estás? Espero que todo esté bien en casa.
  • There is a narrow street full of restaurants. / Hay una calle estrecha llena de restaurantes.
  • I just want to relax in my room. / Yo solo me quiero relajar en mi cuarto.
  • I'm attaching a couple of pictures that I took here in Aguas Calientes. I hope you like them. / Estoy adjuntando un par de fotos que tomé aquí en Aguas Calientes. Espero que te gusten.
El siguiente cuadro muestra cómo juntar tus propias ideas antes de escribir un correo como el del ejemplo.


En el próximo "post"

VOCABULARY: At the Supermarket