WRITING: The Best Restaurant in Town

LEVEL: 240 - 290

The Best Restaurant in Town

By Dyaned Añazco

     For all of those Chinese food lovers, I've discovered a restaurant located in Barranco called Chifa Chung Yiong where the food is more than amazing; it is the best food in town. Every time I go to a Chinese restaurant, I order the same thing: wantan soup to start, and fried rice as my main dish. However, I can't even describe how delicious these two dishes are at Chifa Chung Yiong. Apart from the food, the restaurant provides great customer service and even small booths for those who may need or want more privacy while having lunch (great for a work meeting or a date). Also, for those who are on a budget, this restaurant is a lot more affordable than many others in town. For those reasons, I try to go there for lunch as often as possible, usually once every two weeks. Therefore, if you ever crave Chinese food, this is the place to be!


By Josie Rojas

     There's a small beach town called Long Beach, located just an hour South of Los Angeles. It is home to my favorite restaurant, George's. Family-owned for over 30 years, it is best known for being the best Greek restaurant in town. Its open rooftop, wide-spaced balcony, excellent service (with waiters that are friendlier than at any other restaurants), and soft ocean blue paintings make you feel right at home. I prefer to go during the day, as a live jazz band sets the ambiance for the meal. The prices are more affordable than at other restaurants in the area. You won't find a better deal around. I always order a Mediterranean salad with just five ingredients (organic lettuce, black olives, cucumber, bell pepper and feta cheese) all sprinkled with the right touch of olive oil and pepper. It's a plate you don't want to miss out. I go as often as I can, around twice a month as it reminds me of the six-year-old girl who first walked in 16 years ago.


EXAMPLES OF SUPERLATIVES:

  • It is the best food in town.
  • It is best known for being the best Greek restaurant in town.


EXAMPLES OF COMPARATIVES:

  • This restaurant is a lot more affordable than many others in town.
  • Its excellent service (with waiters that are friendlier than at any other restaurants) makes you feel right at home.
  • The prices are more affordable than at other restaurants in the area.
  • You won't find a better deal around.


EXAMPLES OF ADJECTIVES:

  • For all of those Chinese food lovers, I discovered a restaurant located in Barranco called Chifa Chung Yiong where the food is more than amazing.
  • However, I can't even describe how delicious these two dishes are at Chifa Chung Yiong.
  • Apart from the food, the restaurant provides great customer service and even small booths for those who may need or want more privacy while having lunch.
  • Therefore, if you ever crave Chinese food, this is the place to be!
  • There's a small beach town called Long Beach, located just an hour South of Los Angeles.
  • It is home to my favorite restaurant, George's.
  • Family-owned for over 30 years, it is best known for being the best Greek restaurant in town.
  • Its open rooftop, wide-spaced balcony, excellent service , and soft ocean blue paintings make you feel right at home.
  • I prefer to go during the day, as a live jazz band sets the ambiance for the meal.
  • I always order a Mediterranean salad with just five ingredients.
  • I go as often as I can, around twice a month as it reminds me of the six-year-old girl who first walked in 16 years ago.


La siguiente tabla te ayudará a organizar tus ideas antes de escribir un párrfo como los anteriores:



Sigue estos enlaces para practicar más:

Comments